Pros and Cons of Solar Landscape Lighting
Solar landscape lighting is a cost-effective and eco-friendly way to enhance your home security, pathways and garden. They have a lot of advantages, including running cost and limited maintenance, but they have some disadvantages as well. Before illuminating your landscape with solar lights, consider the pros and cons to ensure that solar is the kind of light you’re looking for.
First, let’s take a look at some of the pros of choosing solar-powered landscape lighting for your patios, pathway, flowerbeds or garden.
- your landscape lighting are powered by solar and will not increase your electricity bill.this can save you money in the long term. The initial cost for a quality solar landscape fixture can be high, but this cost is typically recouped over time as you pay nothing in energy costs to run the lights.
- You do not need a nearby source of electricity around your lights, you can place your landscape lights almost anywhere as long as that receives adequate sunlight throughout the day. they will run problem-free, automatically turning on at dusk and off at dawn.
- Easy to install with no wires required, and can be a DIY project, you can install your lights in your garden, pathway, flowerbed or vegetable garden where you frequently dig without worrying about damage electricity wires .The only installation issue is ensuring that you place them in an area that gets adequate sunlight to charge the battery.
- solar landscape lights are an eco-friendly choice that can help lower your home’s carbon footprint.
- They need little maintenance. LED solar bulbs have a service life of up to 20,000 hours, and because the systems are self-contained, they need only a quick wipe periodically to clean away moisture, dirt or debris. Changing the battery periodically is also necessary.
- In the summer months when the days are longer, you can expect your lights to stay on longer into the night, and creating ambiance in a garden space. which may be a benefit during this popular season for entertaining.
Cons of Solar Landscape Lighting
Now that we have gone over the potential benefits of choosing solar landscape lighting, let’s look at some of the cons of solar lighting to help you determine if this is the right type of yard lights for you.
- Since it is powered by solar it must be placed where they will receive adequate sun-lighting throughout the day to charge the batteries. so it can not be installed in the shadow of trees, shrubs, bushes or walls, and building that block the sun.
- The solar panels must be cleaned regularly to remove dust and debris that can block the sunlight needed to charge the batteries.
- Most solar lights will not stay on as long as on cloudy/rain days or shorter days of winter due to not receiving enough sunlight to charge the batteries fully.
- Solar light batteries need to be replaced every two to three years;
- Solar landscape lighting require an adequate level of darkness to turn on at night, which means you cannot use them near other types of lighting, such as porch lights or string lights on your patio that are often on at night.
- One drawback with solar landscape lights is that they’re not as bright as electric fixtures. but due to the technology improved , now some of the solar lighting are improved with higher brightness .
Solar-powered lights have a place in the world of landscape lighting and can be a particularly good choice for areas where running electrical wires is not practical or possible. They are also a good choice for homeowners looking to lower their carbon footprint or for renters looking for an easy-to-install, temporary yard lighting option that they can take with them when they move.
By comparing these two options before making a purchase, you can better determine which is the right choice for your particular situation.
For more information or any comments , you can send us email with your ideas about the solar landscape lighting at : email@example.com